800g shell-on prawns (You can use prawns without shell too
About 4 small garlic cloves
4 bird eyes chillies (*optional)
2 stalks spring onions
- 2 small carrots
- florets of broccoli
1/2 cup Thai sweet chilli sauce
1 tbsp soy sauce
2 drops of sesame oil
- Mix sweet chilli sauce, soy sauce and sesame oil in a bowl / measuring cup. Set aside.
- Roughly chopped garlic, slice spring onions diagonally and red chillies if you decide to use some. Set aside.
- Devein and trim the prawns.
- Heat 2 tbsps of cooking oil in a wok, use less oil if you are using a non-stick pan. When the oil is hot, on medium flame, add garlic, chillies and HALF of the spring onions. Saute until aromatic (meaning you can smell the garlic and spring onion in the air).
- Separately stir fried the carrots and broccoli lightly
- Add in the prawns. Let them cook on one side. When the cook side down is slightly charred and turning orange, flip the prawns to the other side.
- When the prawns are almost cooked, add the sauce mixture and stir to combine. Do this over low heat to minimise the risk of burning the sauce.
- Once prawns and sauce mixture is well combined, turn up the heat to medium and quickly toss the ingredient around (should last a couple of seconds). When the sauce thickens and start to caramelize, switch off the flame and add in the REMAINING spring onions and the cook vegetables. Toss to combine everything. Serve immediately with long grain/jasmine rice.